International Organization of Fire Photographers
Code of Ethics
I will agree to strive at all times to upgrade and improve my knowledge and skill of fire photography and related areas and I will subscribe to the following Code of Ethics set forth by the International Organization of Fire Photography which are as follows:
1. Fire photography, integrating aspects of photography with the fire service, is worthy of the highest levels of professionalism.
2. Members will strive at all times to produce fire related images in accordance with the highest levels of professionalism.
3. Members, as fire photographers, have a unique opportunity to serve the public and all members should maintain high levels of honesty and integrity.
4. Members will balance the rights to inform the public of newsworthy events with the rights of privacy of those we interact with.
5. At all times, members will maintain an altruistic, or selfless, concern for the welfare of others.
6. Members will not use any business practice which violates any state, federal, or international law, rule or regulation.
7. In all interactions with fire related scenes, or enroute, members shall at all times exercise noteworthy safety practices and at no time directly or indirectly interfere with incident management or operations. Fire photographers should always be considered an asset to emergency personnel.
8. In all dealings with fellow fire photographers, and others who aspire to be fire photographers, members will share the knowledge and skill of fire related photography.
9. Members will support efforts for and assist in the interactive platforms and education of all interested persons in the art and science of fire photography.
10. Understanding that these Code of Ethics cannot prejudge every situation, members will exercise common sense and good judgement when applying ethical principles.